Saturday, September 24, 2016

I've Lost myself

I've lost myself.  It is why I chose the name of the blog.  The self I knew to be my own is now out there floating in a sea of nihilism.  Life passes over me and happens but I do not feel as though I am a part of that, but a spectator.  Indeed, it comforts me to see others going about and doing things as if they did not know the secret that has been revealed to me; that life is pointless and aimless, these people, they do not understand that to go on from now is meaningless.  But these people, the ubiquitous others all around, they do not even know these facts and so their lives go on. I relish their ignorance of my pain, it allows me to escape into that state, but it is always just a temporary relief to an ongoing pain that will seemingly never end....

~the saddest man on earth

No comments:

Post a Comment